Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Love the Temple!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to a women's gathering and Brad Wilcox spoke. It was amazing. We looked at the scripture 2 Nephi 25:23, and we talked about how it is us and the Lord that makes it possible for us to return to him. It will never just be me alone.
This last little while I the temple has become kind of hard for me. I wanted it to get easier and easier every time I went. But I felt more and more confused after I would go.
The first time after I went was the best experience I had. I felt so much Joy and love and a happiness I had never felt before. My parents were both there. My brothers Lorin, Greg, and Todd. My sister-in-laws Christi, Ivy, and Elissa. Also my Stake President, President Rasmussen and his wife, President King and Jan. Also my uncle Glen and aunts Kathy, Gina, and Fawn. My neighbors who were always like family Bishop and Mary Ann. Then of course my two very best friends Leslie and Nicole! It was the best day ever.
I soon found out why they said you should go back consistently. After being gone from the temple a couple of days and being back in the world you forget it. I started to feel like maybe I went to the temple to soon and I wasn't quite ready. I talked with my Stake President and he told me I did go for the right reason. So I went back and it felt good. But I was still confused. But I knew I could not stop.
So back to Brad Wilcox coming and speaking he shared with us that this scripture is never about just us here on earth but "we" as in US and our Heavenly Father. Brad spoke how when we get to the veil at the end of our lives that Christ reaches out his hands to help us back into us. It made me think of the temple and that he had never left me alone. He is helping me, he wants me to return to him and I have to do that as apart of being at the temple. He will help me through if I continue to do the best I can each day.
My Heavenly Father and Savior love me. And I am learning more and more to love them with the same amount of Love! For I am not worthy without him. But with him I can be worthy. A quote he shared that I love is "when didn't Christ step in?" Christ had never left me alone and I love that. I love him. I so grateful that I am continually seeing this all in my life and the love the savior has for me.

1 comment:

  1. When I went to the temple for the first time, the matron told us that one of the apostles (or prophets) had recorded that in his mid-80s he finally understood about the temple. We've got a long way to go. :) But we keep going back, because we understand a little more and a little more. When there are days we don't feel like we understood anything new, just focus on the love and peace felt. It's important too. Just like if you were to visit home-- you don't always go there for an event, but just to be at peace, and with loved ones. It's a great time to be in the love of our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete